Pages

“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Health and Hygine


Health and Hygiene

We are half way through flu season (Thank God Almighty) and have been spending a lot of time discussing health with the kids. Weve probably gone through a gallon of sanitizer but have been teaching the kids to cough and sneeze into their elbows. Along with teaching how to stop the spread of germs I talked with the students about ways that we can stay healthy. We discussed the combination of eating healthy and exercise. Exercise is a particular favorite of these busy bodied preschooler. (What I would do for ¼ of their energy)

One of the highlights from the week was a visit from a Doctor from a nearby Medical Center. The kids were able to discuss health with the Doctor and ask all kinds of health questions. They were shown a video about how to stop germs and stay healthy AND they got the chance to listen to their own heart beat on the stethoscope. Pretty cool if you ask me.

And naturally we had some precious and fun crafts for the week:



These crafts were tons of fun. (Although I cant take credit for the last one these were posted outside the kindergarten room and thought they were too cute to not share )

Well friends, I hope that you are staying healthy during this flu season.

Thanks for stopping by!

Mrs. Winter :) 



5 comments:

  1. do you have a copy of the "My Favorite way to exercise is" page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a copy/link to "My Favorite way to exercise is" page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. 60 day keto diet plan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. varicela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! click here

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com